The process of us getting your kitchen worktops installed to make it your dream kitchen is a follows – one of our qualified templaters is sent out to measure up your kitchen worktops and to discuss with yourself the specifications you require.
During this process our templater will make a template of your kitchen worktops and will create a representation of where your granite/quartz will go to achieve the best possible template.
It will then take 7 working days for us to manufacture your worktops before we install them.
It is important that on the day of the template and installation you are present to discuss your requirements and to check off the work we have provided for you.
The same process will be carried out if you have bathrooms, flooring, staircases etc that you would like us to install.
- Please ensure that worktops/cabinets are secured firmly to the wall, are level and have sufficient braces and that the floor can support the weight of the granite, alternatively if you are purchasing a new kitchen please make sure the kitchen you choose can support the weight (granite usually weighs around 90 kg per square metre)
- Final locations of sinks, hobs, taps or any other fittings must be decided upon before templating can be completed
- Please ensure cabinets and supports are not moved after we have been to template. Changes after the granite has been cut can cause major problems and significant changes in cost.
- By its very nature granite is a very dense and heavy material so it’s not practical to provide lengths of granite worktops in excess of three metres. We also reserve the right to add joints where necessary to conform with health and safety guidelines or where access is restricted.
- When handling granite, our fitters are extremely careful however the granite worktops are very heavy and can be difficult to handle in confined spaces in kitchens and bathrooms. Therefore please remove cupboard fronts and any other items that may get damaged during fitting of granite worktops. We can not take responsibility for damage to such items that are left in place.
- Please ensure that suitable space and support is provided for the sinks. In most cases a sink will come with fitting instructions that will explain how to adapt the base unit to provide adequate room and support for the sink.
- Our templater will be able to explain what needs to be done by you (or your builder or kitchen fitter) before or after our worktop fitters do their work. If our fitters need to do extra work when they arrive to accommodate sinks they may need to make an additional charge for the time.
- Please not walls are rarely straight or square consequently there may be small gaps between the granite worktop and the wall. Therefore we advise that a splash-back is fitted with the granite worktop or the wall tiled after the worktop is fitted. Our fitting team may also need to slightly modify walls next to the granite worktop. Naturally every care is taken to minimise the impact and damage of such work, but the granite and marble shop cannot take responsibility for live plaster falls. It is the customers responsibility to prepare the walls appropriately and repair any such damage.
- We fix sinks and hobs to the granite worktops, but you should ask a suitably qualified plumber and gas fitter to connect water and gas.